Have you ever wanted an escape from the daily grind but didn’t have a vacation planned for months? If you are like most travel lovers and adventure seekers, than you probably always have the next trip constantly on your mind.
Escape Monthly, a new subscription-based service, may be exactly what you need. Escape Monthly’s “Vacation in a Box” is a destination-inspired monthly delivery of luxury products to help you relax, renew and escape. Once a month, you will receive your little blue escape box filled with beautiful, luxurious products inspired by a given destination. This month the theme is Napa Valley and contains an eclectic variety of local and Napa-inspired products from this gorgeous destination.
For $49.95/month (includes shipping), you will receive a variety of travel destination inspired products including full sized luxury products, travel guides and secret tips, special travel offers, and a chance to win a vacation for two to the destination of the month.
The little blue box of goodies is delivered right to your doorstep and is always a pleasure to open up and see what is inside.
Here is what my Napa inspired Escape Monthly box contained:
What I like
- Receiving my box each month. How fun is it to receive a mystery box full of goodies! When I first saw the box sitting outside my door, it felt like my birthday. I rarely treat myself to guilty pleasures and I must say it was fun opening up my little blue box.
- The variety of beautiful products. There is a lot more in the box than I anticipated and all the products have excellent quality. It is fun to try out new things especially the locally-inspired products that I never would have heard of it wasn’t for my Escape box.
- The travel-inspired concept is brilliant. Everyone loves a vacation yet of course we can’t possibly always get one. It is really fun to get a box based on a new travel destination and get inspired.
What could change
- Drop the travel guide book. Of course as a traveler, I love travel guides. However, I don’t have much use for them unless I’m actually planning on going to the destination within the next several months. I’d much rather have an option to either include the travel guide or get more products.
- Allow more alternatives to purchasing Escape Monthly other than just a monthly subscription. I think Escape Monthly would be an amazing gift idea especially for someone you know who loves to travel, pamper themselves and is possibly going to the destination. I could definitely see myself ordering this as a gift for someone, if is was possible.
- Ship internationally. Yes it is expensive, but I’ve got to give a voice for my international readers!
The $50 gift certificate from wine from http://www.nakedwines.com! This alone pays for the entire box of treasures. I can hardly wait to order my wine!
Next month’s destination: Oregon
To learn more about Escape Monthly, click here. Currently there is a 20% off deal if you sign up soon. Unfortunately Escape Monthly is currently only shipped within the United States.
Author’s note: This is my first product review on thirdeyemom. I received the box at no cost to review the service and its products. All opinions are my own and I was encouraged to be as honest as possible. I will only do reviews on my blog if I find the product interesting and something that everyone would enjoy. Hope you found this review helpful!