Hello Friends! Welcome to my new blog. It’s been years in the making, well not on a blog, but through many many journals. Finally, after endless delays (hmm…finishing college, starting a career, moving to Chicago, changing jobs, continuing my education, getting married, moving to Minneapolis, and resurfacing out of the fog of parenting two young children), I finally have the chance to write down my thoughts in a more fun and thoughtful way…through my blog!
As with most ideas, it is good to have a plan and a mission. So without further delay, here is my mission for my blog:
- To promote international travel with an open mind using the third-eye approach (i.e. an open mind) which promotes cross-cultural understanding, learning and appreciation.
- To promote international volunteerism and goodwill. To make difference for people who have less opportunities in areas such as education, women’s rights, health, etc.
- To teach and raise our children to understand the world and different cultures. To foster a yearning to learn about the world.
- To share with my friends and family (and whoever else may be passionate about travel and culture or an “arm-chair” traveler) what I’ve seen and learned along the way.
- And most important of all, to have fun!